The Santa Monica-Venice Christmas Run is Los Angeles’ largest holiday running event and a great fundraiser. In fact, the race is one of the most popular running events in Los Angeles, regardless the time of year. The event was started in 1977 with 10,000 runners participating in the race. For over 3 decades, it has not only remained a highly popular local run but the event has become an integral part of the Los Angeles community during the holiday season. For many, the Christmas Run is the true start of the holidays. The Santa Monica-Venice Christmas Run has a 5k and a 10k run that winds through the beautiful streets of Santa Monica and Venice, California, including a long stretch along the famous Venice Beach boardwalk. Kids course is on Barnard Way.
Saturday – December 7, 2013
6:00 AM – Registration Opens
7:30 AM – 10K Start
9:15 AM – 5K Start
10:15 AM – Kids fun run start
Don’t miss out! The costume contest will be judged at 10:00am.
“Christmas Spirit Award” for Best Christmas Themed Costume
“Santa’s Little Helpers Award” for Best Dressed Group of 5 people or more
“Most Original Award” for the Most Original Costume
What says holidays more than Santa, Mrs. Claus, Reindeers and Elves!?! We encourage everyone to dress up in their favorite holiday costume! Awards given to the following:
- Refund/Transfer Policy: All entry fees are non-refundable, non-transferrable. No exceptions.
- In keeping with our green efforts, we are using only online registration, however, if you prefer to pay by check you can still register online, just be sure to select the “pay by check” option.
Friday, December 6, 2013
Time: 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Subaru of Santa Monica
1229 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
AGE DIVISION AWARDS
1st, 2nd, & 3rd Place Awards:
Male & Female for both 5K & 10k
12 & under, 13-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44,45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, & 70+
AT PACKET PICK UP ON FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6TH YOU MAY
- 1. Pick up race number/timing chip and T-shirt if you have registered previously on-line (you may pick up for a friend or your team also).
2. You may register for race – pay $45 fee and receive your race number/timing chip and T-shirt (you may not register for someone else unless you are a team captain or coach and have authority to do so on behalf of those runners).
ON RACE DAY, DECEMBER 7TH
- 1. There will be race number/timing chip and T-shirt pick up on race day starting at 6 AM and ending approximately 9:10 AM for runners who have already registered on-line. All pre-registered runners will be able to get number/timing chip and T-shirts at packet pick up Friday and on race day.
2. If you choose to register race day you may do so, however those registering race day may not get a shirt or size you want (we can only order shirts on percentages based on previous years and how many pre-registered runners we have). 3. Race day lines can be long so please arrive early for pick up and/or race day registration – for 10K it’s suggested you arrive no later than 6:45 for the 7:30 start and for 5K no later than 8:15 for 9:15 start – we urge to use packet pick on Friday the 7th to insure you receive shirt and to avoid the lines.
- Race parking is $8 per vehicle. Here’s a tip: bring your parking fee in exact change to avoid long lines! We encourage you to take a bus or ride your bike! We will provide public bike racks, however the safety of your bike will be your responsibility – please bring a bike lock!
- Take the Santa Monica Freeway (I-10 West) to the Lincoln Blvd. off-ramp. Turn left on Lincoln Blvd. South to Pico Blvd. Turn right (West) on Pico to Ocean Ave. Make a diagonal left and follow signs to race parking. **Due to construction on Ocean Park Boulevard, it is recommended that you use Pico Boulevard to access parking. Google Map Directions